Well, my baseline/starting weight for my Christmas Challenge isn’t quite as bad as it looked when I weighed on Monday (and the scale showed me four pounds higher). My starting weight for the Christmas Challenge is 286. So, even though I said it’s a fifteen-pound loss goal, I’m actually increasing that to sixteen pounds, to try to hit 270 by Christmas.
What I have done since Monday:
- Started watching what I eat, making healthy/low-carb choices whenever possible. I’ve begun the arduous task of eliminating sugars/refined carbs from my diet, so I expect the next couple of weeks to be full of headaches and cravings as I go through withdrawal.
- Reinitialized my FitDay account (see link in the right-hand column to my FitDay journal). I plugged my food in on Monday, didn’t have time to do it yesterday, and have put my breakfast stuff for today in so far (I know, it’s two o’clock in the afternoon so there should be two meals listed, right? Well, when I don’t get up until 10:30 and don’t have breakfast until 11ish, lunch doesn’t come until three or four in the afternoon).
- Got my toning sneakers. Have worn them around the house to get used to them.
What I haven’t done since Monday:
- Activity—so far, I haven’t gotten in my 30 minutes of exercise daily. This is always a challenge for me.
- Tracked food every day. (Working on it.)
- Take the white-board into the kitchen and made a meal plan for the week. This is a goal for today, in addition to cleaning the kitchen. I always find I have an easier time sticking to healthy meals, prepared and eaten at home, when I have a sparkling-clean kitchen to work in.
Have you thought about setting a health/fitness goal for the last quarter of the year? What small steps can you take in the next three months to welcome 2011 as a healthier you?