Weekly Weigh-In 7/30/13

As I Tweeted a little bit ago,

After tonight’s weigh-in, I find myself wishing I I had gone ahead and had Burger King for lunch.

I’ll let the widget on the right do the talking for me.

Tomorrow, I’m forgetting the plan provided by Curves and going completely low-carb.

Advertisements

About Kaye Dacus

Kaye Dacus Academic Editor (at NCU). Published Author (11 novels, dozens of articles, essays, poems). Prolific Procrastinator. www.kayedacus.com
This entry was posted in Food Journal, Weekly Weigh-In. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Weekly Weigh-In 7/30/13

1. caring58 says:

Don’t give up! Probably water retention. Just keep on plugging along. Watch the salt intake and hang in there. You can do this!

2. Judy Dacus says:

So frustrating! After the colonscopy and endoscopy 2 days later, I was UP almost 4 pounds. How can you fast and wash out your insides and GAIN weight!

So, I went on low carb 2 1/2 weeks ago and am down about 6 pounds so you know I’m all for you going that way. Work in the minimal carbs (I really do Protein Power (30 g not counting fiber)) with lots of variety – at least that always helps me stick to it. Here’s an easy low carb sauce you can make if you pan sear a piece of meat (such as a pork chop). Pour off any oil that is in the pan but don’t scrape any of the browned bits. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth and boil, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. You can add garlic or peppercorns or chopped chiles or onions or fresh mushrooms or horseradish or mustard or… Boil until reduced a little, then add in 2 or so T half n half. Stir, let cook down again until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 1 t cold butter. Serve. You don’t need much sauce so adjust the amounts to fit the pan – I usually pour in enough broth to cover the bottom about 1/4 inch.

Tonight I fried a piece of pepper bacon and some slices of andouille (rounds), Added some chopped onions and green chiles to one side and cooked to soften. Then tossed in some uncooked shrimp till barely done. Removed it all from pan, chopped the bacon, poured off oil and made the sauce above, using just broth and cream and stirring all these things back in. Dad ate that over rice and I put the leftover sauce on my salmon. Yummy.

Loving on you.

• Kaye Dacus says:

I pulled out three different food lists/plans–my old Weight Watchers Core foods list, the Adkins Phase 1 lists, and the 17DD Cycle 1 list. I need to do a major grocery shop anyway, so it’s time to decide which of those I plan to do. I think I’m going to do the WW plan for now, since that’s what worked so well for me before—and it’s basically low-carb, lower-fat, more fruit than Adkins (probably more like South Beach, but I’ve never researched that one).

3. Sarah D says:

Frustrating!!!! Keep pressing on!

4. Audry says:

I’m sure it’s frustrating, but just try to focus on the fact that body composition changes are slow and gradual and not always perfectly linear. Also 4 pounds is not that much! I can weigh 1.5-2 lbs more or less from morning to evening or even before and after a workout! There are so many more things than fat involved in what you weigh at any specific moment. You are doing it right – making the healthiest food choices you can, making sure you eat enough, and moving more consistently. Hang in there 🙂

5. ausjenny says:

Ifound when I started exercising and changing eating I put on weight or didn’t change but I did notice clothes get loser. I gain muscle its happened again recently when i added some different exercising. often we lose inches when we don’t seem to lose weight. don’t be too hard on yourself.

Comments are closed.